Spending some time in New England in the Fall has always been on the proverbial list. I've never been to that part of the country and from the pictures I'd seen over the years, I knew it would be memorable....especially for a gal whose favorite season is Fall.
- Day 1 - Fly from Denver to Boston
- Day 2 - Explore Salem, then drive to Lincoln, New Hampshire
- Day 3 - Scenic drive to Manchester, Vermont
- Day 4 - Scenic drive to Stowe, Vermont (stay 3 nights....day trips)
- Day 5 - Scenic drive to Burlington, Vermont and Shelburne Farms
- Day 6 - Scenic drive around Stowe/Mt. Mansfield/covered bridges
- Day 7 - Scenic drive Stowe, Vermont to North Woodstock, New Hampshire
- Day 8 - Scenic drive via the Kancamangus highway to Kennebunkport, Maine
- Day 9 - Scenic drive via Coastal Route 1 to Boston
- Day 10 - Fly Boston to Denver
We learned the hard way that many restaurants close at 2 or 3p. Most of the lodges/inns I booked provided some type of breakfast. So we'd eat and take off on the scenic ride I had planned for the day....then, by the time we finished it would be mid-afternoon and we had a hard time finding somewhere to have lunch. No fun being hangry on vacation. TIP- Do a little research...and pack some snacks in the car.