- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsps. peppermint extract
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir in peppermint candy. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until blended (dough will be stiff).
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each portion into a 12-in x 2 1/2 in. rectangle. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a sharp knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- To frost, melt the chips and shortening using the microwave; drizzle chocolate over the cooled cookies-roll or sprinkle the crushed peppermint over the tops while the chocolate is still warm.
You know...these could work for a sweet Valentine's treat with the red and white colors in them; wrap them in a fun box with some hearts and bows and you're set....or, just make a batch for yourself and call it good. Enjoy!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.