This particular gown was special since it was for my daughter-in-law-to-be. I first began the process back in December of 2014, shortly after she became engaged to our son. I can't believe I've been able to keep a secret all this time! Let me take you through the process.......
I had Sarah take a plethora of measurements for me, so that when she came to Denver in January, I could have a muslin prepared for fitting purposes. She had been looking at strapless gowns, so I made a simple strapless muslin to ensure my pattern was correct. I found a couple modifications that needed to be made during the initial fitting, but nothing too significant; raise the bodice and take it in a smidge at the waist and hip for a really good fit and flare silhouette.
During that initial visit, we also went fabric shopping. Sarah picked out some beautiful lace and the most luscious and unique latte' colored satin for the underlayer.
I constructed the satin underlayer first, and then began "piecing" the lace to create the final silhouette and train; I also had to applique' pieces of the lace motif pattern onto the bodice to create the pattern I was looking for throughout the bodice and waistline since I really wanted to accentuate Sarah's narrow waistline and hips.
|lace shrug....view from the back|
The gown has covered buttons all the way down the back of the bodice to the very end of the train; a total of 73 to be exact. Another nine buttons are on the back of the shrug. The lace train extended beyond the edge of the underlayer by about a foot; It is also shaped somewhat like a three leaf clover.
I am so honored that Sarah asked me to create her gown. It touched my heart to see her wearing it on her wedding day. She was absolutely glowing! Congrats Sarah and Clint...Best Wishes on a long and happy marriage.
Thank you KB Digital Designs for the beautiful photos.
The wedding dress is so beautiful. It shows her elegance and highlight her beautiful. I love lace!ReplyDelete