While I've seen a number of really cool projects using gold leaf, I've never actually used it myself. However, since I'm lending my creative hand to some upcoming family wedding projects, gold foil was now in my line of sight! Yay! I love trying/learning new things.
This is a very intimate family wedding coming up early next year, with a beautiful meal to follow, so place cards were definitely on the project list.
The first part of the project was working in my Silhouette program. I played around with card sizes, and fonts until I landed on something I thought might work. Then I sent them to my printer. Obviously, the beauty of the machine is it will do the cutting for me; including the perforation line. Sweet!
Name cards (or escort cards) are generally about the size of a business card, but I chose to make mine a little bigger.....I just thought they were too pretty to be that little.I realize now, that I probably should have taken a few more pictures along the way, but it truly was hard to stop to do that once I got started. I did a lot of reading on what medium to use to adhere the foil and there were lots of opinions, but bottom line since you just need something that is going to dry clear, I chose what I always have on hand and that's ModPodge. It worked like a charm!